Healthy and yummy snack!
- -3 tablespoons well-stirred tahini (sesame seed paste)*
- -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- -1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- -1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1 teaspoon salt
- -3 to 6 tablespoons water
- -1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, washed well, spun dry, and minced
- -1 pound broccoli, tough ends of stems discarded
In a food processor purée chick-peas, tahini, lemon juice, oil, and garlic paste and, if a smoother texture is desired, force through a fine sieve into a bowl. Whisk in enough water to reach a pourable but still thick consistency and stir in parsley and salt to taste.
Cut broccoli stems into spears about 5 inches long with flowerets 1 1/2 inches wide. On a steamer rack set over boiling water steam broccoli, covered, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
Serve broccoli topped with hummus.
Murray , Michael N.D.. The Encyclopedia Of Healing Foods.